A permanent eyelash adhesive comes in different types with different strengths and setting times suitable for your needs. However, there are things you need to know about the lash extension glues. Continue reading to learn more.
Salon Eyelash Extension Adhesives
The type of eyelash glues used in salons is different from those used at home. Falsies are only good for a few hours or a day while in salons, extension glues are stronger.
A permanent eyelash adhesive, the strongest type of glue, secures the eyelash extensions onto your eyelids for up to 4 weeks. Using this type of glue assures that your lashes would still look great until your next salon visit.
Also, using different permanent eyelash adhesive types depend on the technician’s skills and experience level in attaching the extensions. An adhesive which takes longer to set may be used by a beginner technician since it will probably take longer to attach each extension while one that takes a few seconds to set may be used by an experienced professional.
Permanent Eyelash Adhesive for Home Use
What is the sense of dressing up in a killer outfit then throw on a very boring coat? It hides all the goodies making you look boring as hell and underdressed. Invest in killer coats. Coats that make a statement by themselves and are fashionable and stylish to tie up your look
Permanent eyelash glues are not recommended for home use. Application of the lash extensions requires skills and experience by a professional to avoid damage of your natural lashes or inflict any injuries to your vision. In case the extensions fall off, you should not put them back with any regular glue.
Different Types of Eyelash Extension Glues
In choosing the right glue for your lash extensions, consider the following:
- Extra Strong Adhesive: this glue sets in just a second and lasts the longest compared to the other types.
- Extra Strong Evolution Adhesive: this sets for about 1 to 2 seconds with a stronger hold than the former.
- Volume Adhesive: this is used for lash sets intended to provide more volume to your lashes; thicker in consistency and sets for about 3-4 seconds; allows ample time for lash application and adjustment.
- Lash Extension Adhesive for Sensitive Eyes: this mild type of glue sets within five to six seconds and is best used for those with sensitive eyes.
Do’s and Don’ts in Using Eyelash Extension Glues
- Use a mild and easy-to-wash kind of eyeliner to avoid damaging your extensions when applying or removing them.
- Use mascara that has a light and thin consistency to avoid weighing down the lash extensions.
- Use a gentle, water-based make-up remover.
- When taking your make-up off, use gentle motions by tapping and lightly pressing on your eyes. Do not rub or scrub your eyes.
- Avoid oil-based products as these can break the glue down and cause the lashes to fall off faster.
- Avoid rubbing or scrubbing your eyes as this can ruin the extensions and loosen the adhesive.
- Avoid using waterproof make-up products for your eyes as this will make it hard for you to remove it.
Different types of lash extension glues can be used depending on what you’d prefer or need. However, the procedure can only be done by a professional in a salon, and never at home. After the application of the lash extensions, remember what to do and what to avoid to make your extensions last longer.